Paid2YouTube.com
Calling all earning money fans!
earning money
Join me on myLot! Discuss earning money topics and make a little money while you're at it.
http://www.mylot.com/?ref"

Monday, August 25, 2008

What to do with DSPML Tiger Fund

RITESH wrote :
Hi,
I had invested Rs 40000/- in DSP-ML India T.I.G.E.R -RP (G) mutual fund on Feb 2008 and started SIP for Rs 2000/- from Apl2008, my investment goes to around 52000/- till date, but when I am seeing the value of fund today, its showing only Rs 39000/- only :( (Big Pain) so my worry is that I should continue with the SIP or should I stop the SIP and stay invested in this fund for another 5 year, actually my horizon was to stay with this for 5 year and SIP will go till 2011. Please advice. One more thing if I want to stop SIP how can I do?

SRIKANTH SHANKAR MATRUBAI'S REPLY ::::

Dear ritesh,
Your investment is showing a loss only because you had invested such a big lumpsum just after the Bull Run, when the valuations of infrastructure stocks were still very high.
It's good that you have started a sip. Do continue the same. But reduce the sip amount to 1000 and the balance 1000 invest in DSPML Top 100 Fund to provide stablility to your portfolio. ]
For your time horizon of 5 years, both the funds should give you decent returns.
One more thing, if this fund is the only one in your portfolio, please stop you sip immediately. Just a note for stoppage of sip on a plain paper would suffice. And split your 2000 into the following
500 * 1 in Reliance Growth Fund
500 * 1 in Fidelity Equity Fund
1000 * 1 in HDFC Top 200 Fund.
These should give decent return

Best of luck,
Srikanth Shankar Matrubai

No comments: